Which scholarship is available now in India? So lots of Indians have been asking which scholarship is open for Indians that have the intentions to study abroad. Here is the thing we are here for you and provide you the variety of scholarship you can apply to as an Indian citizen. But first, let us explore the various type of scholarship that are available.
Types of scholarships you can get?
- Need Based scholarships
These scholarships are open only to students who can prove that they are from low income families who and wishes to further their academic pursuits.
- Merit Based Scholarships
As the name implies these scholarships are given only on the basis of merit. Ie base on academic merits, internships, paper publications, work experience and other extracurricular activities etc.
- Special scholarships
These are the type scholarship that are given for a particular a subject. The subject are usually stated at the point of publications. For example, sports scholarships, disabilities scholarships, engineering scholarship etc.
Tata Scholarship Cornell University, USA
This scholarship is awarded annually and it is opened to students. Recipients usually receive the scholarship for the duration of their undergraduate studies at Cornell.
How can I get scholarship in Cornell?
To receive the undergraduate scholarship, a recipient must:
- be a citizen of India and have attended secondary school in India;
- be offered admission to Cornell as an undergraduate student;
- be eligible for need-based financial aid.
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship, UK
Offered by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission, the scholarships are given to talented individuals with the potential to make a positive impact on the global stage. This scholarship is given to Indian students with English as the medium of education and a minimum of 60% marks in Social Sciences and Humanities or at least 65% marks in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Agriculture..
How do I get a Commonwealth Scholarship?
Chevening Scholarships- UK
The Chevening scholarship is one of the scholarship that is opened to indias for applications. Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. It is recommended you select three similar courses at three different universities to increase the likelihood that you will gain entry into one of them.
How do you get a Chevening scholarship?
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
Felix Scholarships- UK
The Felix Scholarship was founded to offer gifted underprivileged students from India and certain other developing countries the opportunity of furthering their postgraduate education by attending a university in the UK. Introduced to help the meritorious underprivileged students from India, the UK offers the Felix Scholarship to those who want to pursue a postgraduate degree in the country.
How do you get Felix scholarship?
The Scholarships are open to:
Academically gifted and underprivileged nationals of India, who must hold at least a first class Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Indian university or a comparable institution; or
Academically gifted and underprivileged individuals who are not nationals of India or an EEA country, who must hold at least a first class Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or a comparable institution and who are recommended by their chosen university
Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships- USA
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Journalism and Mass Communication; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies. It is open for students who have completed 4 years of education and have at least 3 years of work experience. The evaluation will be based on communication skills, leadership skills, service to the community, and more.
How can I get Fulbright-Nehru fellowship?
- must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants must either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree; or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- must have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- if employed, should follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement.
UCW Second Language Excellence Scholarship, Canada
How do I get this scholarship?
To be eligible applicants must:
- UCW Second Language Excellence Scholarship is offered to international students with an Academic IELTS overall score of 7.0 and a minimum of 6.5 in all bands (or equivalent).
- Scholarship recipients of the Undergraduate award must maintain a GPA of 2.67 to remain eligible for the second and subsequent award disbursements.
- Scholarship recipients of the Graduate award must maintain a GPA of 3.0 to remain eligible for the second and subsequent award disbursements.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships- the USA, UK and Europe
What is Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarships?
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in most fields to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. Engineering. The scholarship is not offered among the following subject:
- Computer Science
- Business Studies
- Medicine, Dentistry and related therapies
- Public Health
- Fashion Design
- Film and Film Animation.
- The Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who have been continuously resident in India for the past six months, at the time of making the scholarship application.
- Candidates are expected to hold a high first class degree (minimum 60% or CGPA 6.30 or 2.4 GPA) or equivalent from a recognized university/institution in India.
- Candidates applying for scholarships in art and design (fine/performing arts) will be judged primarily on the basis of their portfolio.
- Candidates who are Indian citizens and hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized institution abroad, must have resided continuously or been employed or have been studying in India, for at least two years, post their return to India to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates having a postgraduate qualification (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already begun their postgraduate education at an institution abroad are also not eligible to apply.
Melbourne – India PG Scholarship, Australia
The University of Melbourne offers International PG (Postgraduate) Scholarship to international students planning to pursue a full-time postgraduate coursework programme of study at the university. The scholarship is Architecture, building and planning; Commerce, economics and management; Engineering; Historical, philosophical, political and social studies; Language, literature and cultural studies; Law, legal studies and criminology; Sciences and mathematics
Australian High Commission Australian
The Australian Government has made a range of study and research awards available to candidates in the Asia Pacific region, including India, under the Australian Scholarships Program. Details and applications forms for all awards can be found at www.australiaawards.gov.au .
How can I get scholarship to study in Australia from India?
There are no qualifying exams for scholarships in Australia. The only exam which the students may have to take is the IELTS to demonstrate their English language ability.
Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarships
The Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarships are for students entering with a UK first-class degree (or international equivalent) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. This is intended to attract the most talented students from around the world to study with us. The scholarship is worth £2,000.